Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
create empty rows in table
pulapalli
hi,
I have created a report using birt 2.1. report contains one dataset and table.
I am displaying all the data in table(detail section). if query returns more than 8 rows, we have no issues. if query retruns less than 8 rows, still we need to show 8 rows. ex. if query returns 6 rows, then report should display six rows of data and two empty rows.
how can we create empty rows in table?
Thanks.
Suresh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Suresh,
Attached you'll find a report showing one way to do this. I added extra footer rows to my table. I only added 5 because it was enough for my example, but you could add all 8 for the case where you return no data. I then initialized a variable in my report's initialize method. I incremented this variable in the detail row's onCreate method. Then, in each extra footer row added, I used a visibility expression to hide or show the extra row when needed, based on the incremented variable. I put borders around the rows so you could see it's working correctly.
This report was made with BIRT 2.1.3. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have questions.
pulapalli
Thanks Michael.
I implemented the same logic and it working fine.
Regards,
Suresh
mwilliams
Suresh,
No problem. Let us know whenever you have questions.
poonamdas2003
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p> </p><p>Where can I find the attachment to the post? I din't find any on yours.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thanks.</p><p>Poonam</p>