Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Emitter standardization
al91206
Is there any chance in A11 or beyond that emitters will be standardized across the various functions in BIRT?
In the Interactive / BIRT viewer the options are not the same from Export Content and Export Data.
In iServer Express the options are different than those above.
I would LOVE to have CSV come standard (w/o using the complicated walkthrough in the book) in iServer Express / IV Export Content AND IV Export Data functions.
It would also be great to have TXT, and TSV if possible. I know these can be created, but honestly I'm guessing it's not much work for the team of developers at Actuate HQ and it would further enhance the product.
Thanks,
Al
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Al,<br />
TSV emitter is already available in Actuate Viewer. BIRT also allows extending emitter to create your own. <br />
From the UI perspective you can control the viewer controls and interface features using Actuate JSAPI. Here is the link to getting started with it:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/wiki/GSG:Getting_Started_with_BIRT_JavaScript_API/'>GSG:Getting
Started with BIRT JavaScript API - BIRT Wiki - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
<br />
Ashwini
al91206
What I'm really asking for is an equalization of the emitters across Actuate products.
iServer Express
BIRT Viewer - Export Content
BIRT Viewer - Export Data
Interactive Viewer - Export Content
Interactive Viewer - Export Data
If there is a TSV emitter anywhere it should be everywhere.
al91206
Another question in this same line is: Is it possible to add an emitter to iServer Express (not the BIRT viewer)? Why I'm asking is that when we schedule reports sometimes there is a need for a text export.
I know this would have to be done via customization in iServer Express - my only question is if this is a possibility and if there is any documentation regarding this?
Thanks!
Alfred