Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
genReport.sh for cron purposes
RyanWork
I am using ClearQuest, which integrates BIRT 2.2.1 and its own 'ReportsServer'. I am able to design, run and view reports currently.<br />
<br />
I'd like some of these reports to be generated on a cron, and written into a specific folder.<br />
<br />
Since Rational seems to have delivered only parts of BIRT with ClearQuest, I got the BIRT runtime (2.2.1), and placed that in another directory entirely. I am running genReport.sh via the following means:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>genReport.sh -f PDF -o /tmp/test.pdf samples/hello_world.rptdesign
genReport.sh -f PDF -o /tmp/test.pdf -F samples/hello_world.rptdesign</pre>
<br />
Both result in the following error - slightly shortened, since it's a machine with no internet connection:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>INFO: Sampledb plugin starts up.
INFO: Creating Sampledb database at location /tmp/.....
SEVERE: exception in parsing parameters
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.execute(ReportRunner.java:141)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.main(ReportRunner.java:117)
INFO: Sampledb plugin stopping.
...</pre>
<br />
What am I doing wrong here? This is the hello_world.rptdesign file that comes with the BIRT runtime, it takes no parameters.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet