Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Deployment issues with upgrade to 2.5 from 2.3
Washu
I replaced the old web viewer with the new one on the Tomcat server. The BIRT Home Page launches. Clicking the View Example link causes OutOfMemory errors. The reports built on 2.3 development platform work fine otherwise. Report built on 2.5 development platform gives document not found error. I am using Tomcat 5.5.27 and JRE version: 1.5.0_18. The viewer and engine version I attempted to download was 2.5.2. What I got (twice) was 2.5.1. Not sure if there is any significance there. I believe it may explain why my report document is not found but not necessarily why the example crashes the server. Any help you can provide is appreciated, even a nudge in the right direction. I have searched this site and the web with no luck. I am still quite new with all of this. My apologies if I am missing something obvious.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Washu,
Where did you try to download 2.5.2 and got 2.5.1? BIRT-Exchange? Or somewhere else?
Washu
Michael,<br />
<br />
I downloaded from Eclipse. <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/birt/downloads/drops/R-R1-2_5_2-201002221500/'>Eclipse
downloads - mirror selection</a><br />
<br />
Found same version listed here on BIRT Exchange:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/downloads/interactive-reporting/922-eclipse-birt-report-engine-and-eclipse-birt-sample-viewer-release-2-5-compatible-with-actuate-11-beta/'>Eclipse
BIRT Report Engine and Eclipse BIRT Sample Viewer; Release 2.5, compatible with Actuate 11 beta - Downloads - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Reports are now working for me. I still have 2.5.1 birt-runtime. Am I mistaken in thinking it should say 2.5.2? <br />
<br />
Reports that use a custom aggregate plug-in are not working. It would be nice if I could rule out the potential runtime conflict. <br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
<br />
Rebecca
Washu
Okay, birt-exchange link lists 2.5.1 also.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/downloads/interactive-reporting/922-eclipse-birt-report-engine-and-eclipse-birt-sample-viewer-release-2-5-compatible-with-actuate-11-beta/'>Eclipse
BIRT Report Engine and Eclipse BIRT Sample Viewer; Release 2.5, compatible with Actuate 11 beta - Downloads - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Maybe that is all that is available?
Washu
The viewer works. JAVA_OPTS, so shame on me. Still can't see the 2.5.2 reports though.
mwilliams
Rebecca,
The latest version available is 2.5.2. If you're using 2.5.1 as the designer, 2.5.2 should be ok to use as a runtime. If you have a newer version of designer than runtime, that's where you can run into issues.
The only issues you're having is when using a custom aggregate though?
Washu
Michael,
Thank you for the information. Please point me to a download that will result in a web viewer example page that says version 2.5.2. Sadly, every download I pulled says 2.5.1. I downloaded the 2.5.1 designer to match the 2.5.1 birt viewer I have running to help reduce the likelihood of conflict.
As for custom aggregate, I am still having problems. It doesn't seem to matter what designer or runtime combination I use. It runs fine in the IDE, but fails on the server. I am too inexperienced with Java to determine if I have classpath issues, code issues or something else entirely. Any help is appreciated. Attached is stack trace. I will provide more if needed.
Rebecca
mwilliams
Washu,<br />
<br />
I downloaded the runtime in 2.5.2 at the Eclipse website:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/birt/downloads/drops/R-R1-2_5_2-201002221500/birt-runtime-2_5_2.zip'>Eclipse
downloads - mirror selection</a><br />
<br />
If you're using 2.5.1 for both, you should be fine. As for the custom aggregation. What are you trying to do with it?
Washu
Michael,
Either I am getting the hang of this or I just got lucky. Either way, we are LIVE and I get a weekend! Thank you for your time.
Rebecca