Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
genReport.sh for Birt 2.5.1?
system_migrated
Hello,
In previous BIRT releases, (e.g. 2.3.1) there was a ReportEngine directory that contained genReport.sh. I was looking for something similar in Birt2.5.1. Is there a genReport.sh available for Birt2.5.1?
Thanks,
Mike
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Mike, I downloaded BIRT 2.5.1 Runtime (BIRT Engine), and have a ReportEngine directory that contains genReport.bat and .sh. Where did you download from?<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/downloads/'>Downloads</a>
;
Virgil Dodson
Hi Mike, I downloaded BIRT 2.5.1 Runtime (BIRT Engine), and have a ReportEngine directory that contains genReport.bat and .sh. Where did you download from?
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/downloads/
Migrateduser
Hi Virgil,
Thanks for the reply and posting the Downloads link. We do have the ReportEngine. I think we accidentally moved it after unzipping.
However, a problem that you can help us solve, perhaps. We are unable to run a report (using genReport.sh) that uses a PostGresql db. The server where Postgres is installed and running is different than where we're running the reports from.
The error that we get is (paraphrasing): Cannot load JDBC Driver class: org.postgresql.Driver
I do see the postgresql jar files in the plugins directory. Not sure what the issue is. Thanks for your help.
- Mike
Migrateduser
Hello,
Problem solved. I added the appropriate jar files to the plugins directory.