Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart Interactivity, Select Month
basti
Hello everybody,
I'm creating a chart about some numbers of the current year. Now I want to be able to click a month-bar in the chart and load another report which shows some details of that month.
My problem is, how do I figure out which month has been clicked in the chart?
Thanks and best regards,
Sebastian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
basti
Ah I got, I just took the wrong axis. I had to take the "Value (Y) Series" for the interactivity. The I could select my "month-row".
I hope that little info helps someone else whos facing that problem.
-Sebastian
basti
Now I'm facing another problem. The click on the bar opens a new report with some details about the selected month. The chart in the loaded report is the same. But I would like to highlight the selected month.
I already figured out that I'm able to alter the bars in the beforeDrawDataPoint function with the fill.set method.
I tried to pass the selected bars index with a report parameter. But that didn't work. How am I able to pass the index of the selected bar to the other report. Because if I can pass this, I can easily work with the dph.getIndex() method in the new report to alter the selected bar.
Thanks again,
Basti
mwilliams
Basti,
You should be able to grab the index, store it in a variable or parameter, and pass it through a parameter in the drill down.
basti
Hi,
that's what I thought, but I don't know how to grab the index on a click.
Regards,
Basti
mwilliams
Basti,
I've not tried this before, but I would guess that in your chart script, you could create a persistentGlobalVariable for each value, storing its index. Then, you could recall this PGV when passing the parameter through.