Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Specifying columns to display at runtime
skassam
I will be creating a URL for a html report from Flex. Is there a way I can pass the columns that I would like to display on the report? The query will always select the same columns. I would just like the ability to show only the columns that the user chooses to see.
TIA.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi TIA,<br />
One way to handle this would be to pass the column names as an input parameter and hide/unhide the table columns as per the user selection. Here is a devshare example:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1210-hide-show-table-columns-based-on-input-parameter-selection/#description'>Hide/show
table columns based on input parameter selection - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
<br />
Ashwini
skassam
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="averma"><p>Hi TIA,<br />
One way to handle this would be to pass the column names as an input parameter and hide/unhide the table columns as per the user selection. Here is a devshare example:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1210-hide-show-table-columns-based-on-input-parameter-selection/#description'>Hide/show
table columns based on input parameter selection - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
<br />
Ashwini</p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for the link. There are a bunch of features on the report page that I dont have on my installation of the report viewer.<br />
<br />
Where does the option for "Enable Interactivity" come from? That is exactly what I need because the interactivity has the ability to show/hide columns.<br />
<br />
TIA
averma
Hi TIA,<br />
BIRT Interactive Viewer is a web-based tool for the interactive analysis and modification of BIRT Reports. You can learn more about this product offering here:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/products/birt-report-viewers/actuate-interactive-viewer/features/'>Actuate
BIRT Interactive Viewer for End Users</a><br />
<br />
<br />
Ashwini
skassam
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="averma"><p>Hi TIA,<br />
One way to handle this would be to pass the column names as an input parameter and hide/unhide the table columns as per the user selection. Here is a devshare example:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1210-hide-show-table-columns-based-on-input-parameter-selection/#description'>Hide/show
table columns based on input parameter selection - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
<br />
Ashwini</p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
How are the params passed to the report? Is JSAPI required to be able to do something like this?
averma
Hi skassam,
I am not sure I understand your question. Report parameters could be static or dynamic (derived from the data) and can be accessed as params["ParameterName"].value in your script. You can do this without JSAPI.