Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Should bookmarks work in group footers?
system_migrated
I am using bookmarks to tag rows. This works fine with group headers, but erratically or not at all with footers, depending on whether or not I include a bound column. Without a column, the first instance of the footer row gets the bookmark, but subsequent instance do not. If a column is included in the bookmark expression, nothing is generated
Wondering if this is a bug or a feature.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi dashbay,
What version of BIRT are you using? Is there any way you can reproduce this issue with the sample database?
Migrateduser
Version is 2.5.2. I haven't used the sample db yet. I will give it a try.
Migrateduser
A very simple report based on the sample db does NOT exhibit the problem. I will dig deeper tomorrow and see if I can figure out what the difference is.
mwilliams
Ok, let me know what you find out!
Migrateduser
I was able to reproduce the problem, and then solve it. I attached working and failing designs. They need to be run in the web viewer. The Eclipse preview tab doesn't seem to care for jQuery.
What I wanted to accomplish was toggling group/detail visibility with jQuery, and I want a footer row to show up when the detail was expanded but not otherwise. The only difference between the two reports is the bookmark on Group 1's footer. With this
"job_" + row["OFFICECODE"] + row["JOBTITLE"]
it works, but this
"job_" + row["OFFICECODE"]
does not. However, the second Group 1 header row does work with "job_" + row["OFFICECODE"]. Not sure why it needs the extra tickler for the footer, but doesn't really matter now that I know it does. The detail rows also fail to bookmark if they don't have LASTNAME or some other varying field included. The engine just seems to want to see things changing with each <tr> I guess.
Thanks for the help.
mwilliams
dashbay,
Glad you found a solution! Let us know whenever you have questions!