Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
No page break before dynamic text (type HTML; long)
Neza
Hi,
I have a grid with more rows which contains dynamic text fields. One of them is HTML type and it is quite long (more than one page in pdf) and BIRT makes page break before it (see attached picture 'page_break_NOT_ok.gif'). I do not want page break before it. I need it to look like at attached picture 'page_break_ok.gif'.
I tried to set Page breake parameters for rows of grid:
grid row | birt object | row page break properties
1 | dynamic text | Auto (all)
2 | dynamic text | After -> Avoid
3 | dynamic text (HTML) | Before -> Avoid
4 | dynamic text | Auto (all)
5 | dynamic text | Auto (all)
but it does not work.
I am using BIRT Version: 2.5.1
Any ideas how to eliminate page break before long HTML dynamic text?
Thanks,
Neza
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi!
Check the layout preference setting of your report file (Properties/Advanced/Layout preference). It should be set to Auto Layout.
I hope, this will solve your problem.
Csaba
Neza
Hi Csaba,
thank you for your suggestion but it does not work.
I got an answer from Bugzilla, they are saying:
"the HTML text is treat as a element as a whole, BIRT always tries to put it
into one page just as it has page-break-inside:avoid.
We may enhance the HTML layout in next release."
Bye,
Neza
actuser9
<p>Neza/Birt Gurus, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is this issue resolved? or any possible workarounds to fix the issue?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have IE8 and BIRT iHub3 Fix1. The issue could be replicated with the HTML text element where BIRT creates an first page empty and populated all the text content on the second page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,UY</p>
JFreeman
<p>Is the HTML text element located inside of another element such as a table or grid?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you have a sample report you can provide to replicate the issue?</p>