Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab
system_migrated
Hello everyone,
I am new for BIRT and I got some questions for crosstab.
I am tring to generate a report (please see the attached file called 'Volume Report') by using BIRT. I defined three dimensions:
Dimension 1: state
Dimension 2: date
Dimension 3: summary (volume of each service type for each state)
I generate half of the report sucessfully (please find the attached file called 'BIRT Report'). What I am trying to do now is calculate the TA Time (turnaround time), which equals the number shows in TA Time column divides column 'volume'. Take the first row as an example, what I want is TA Time = 792.605 / 528 = 1.5. I need 1.5 shows on the TA Time column instead of 792.605. Because 792.605 is the total TA Time for all 528 jobs. But what I need is the average TA Time. I dont know how to do this. Could anyone help me out?
I also got another question. As you can see from the 'Volume Report', I need to generate another two columns 'Target TA Time' and 'Target Achieved for Mar-10'. But Target TA Time are fixed attributes that for Metro job, it is always 3.05; for Non Metro jobs, it is always 3.15; same as Regional jobs. Also this column will not be affected by the date. So I just wondering whether there is a way to add columns to the left of a crosstab? Or is there any other way to solve this?
Many thanks,
Cecilia
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Cecilia,
For your first question, you might be able to delete the data element under TA and replace it with your own that does the division that you want.
For the second question you could always add the Target TA Time as a dimension of your crosstab and place it in the row dimension area. It would be to the left of the measures, but it'd be shown for each line. Otherwise, I believe you could use the grand totals area to display other values. I'm not sure on this though, as I have not tried it.
Migrateduser
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your help.
I am still not sure how to do for question 1. Just wonder how can I delete the data element under TA?
Regards,
Cecilia
mwilliams
Cecilia,
After you've added the field as a measure to your crosstab, you select the actual element from the measure area of the crosstab in the design window and delete it. The cell remains and you can put a data element of your own in there with an expression that does the division that you'd like.
Migrateduser
Hi Michael,
Thank you so much! The problem seems like be solved and I can get the divided data I want. However, when I preview it I can see the results, but the following error message appears:
Data (id = 577):
+ Retrieving binding data error.
Do you have any idea why it happens? Does it matter or I can ignore it?
Many thanks,
Cecilia
mwilliams
Cecilia,
Can you click on the '+' and expand the error out so I can see what it's having an issue with?
Migrateduser
Hi Michael,
Please find the attached snapshot of error message.
I got another question here. I wanna add subtotal and grand total. But when I do that, the binding data I did will disappeared and go back to the data element you asked me to delete. How can I add totals?
Regards,
Cecilia
mwilliams
Cecilia,
Based on the error, it looks like there may be a null value or something that's trying to be made a decimal. You may have to put in a check for this. Since I can't test it, I'm not completely sure.
For your new question, are you saying that the actual measure item you put in disappears and the other value shows? Or your totals are of the other value?
Migrateduser
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your help. To make things clearer, I explain what I am trying to do and how I did it in a word document and also add some snapshots. I also include my questions in the documents. Please read it and I hope it would clarify what I am trying to ask.
Regrads,
Cecilia
Migrateduser
Hi Michael,
To clarify the questions, I made a word documents with some snapshots. I also included my questions in the documents. Please download it and have a look.
I am really appreciate your help, cause I did ask a lot.
Regards,
Cecilia
mwilliams
Cecilia,
Is there any way you can create a sample report using a sample of your data in a CSV file so that I can work with it and then post it in here if I'm able to do what you're wanting? If so, please include your version info as well. Thanks!
Migrateduser
Hi Michael,
Please find the attached csv data which is the really data I used to build the report. Please also find the attached birt report design file. I figured out how to do the subtotal and grand total. But still have a error message (you are able to see it when you preview the report).
Now I still got two questions:
1. How to add an extra column to compare 'TA Time Excluded Jobs' (2010-03) and 'Target TA Time'?
If 'TA Time Excluded Jobs for Mar-10' < 'Target TA Time', then "Yes", else "No".
2. Where can I set the number of digits after the decimal point? I only want to remain two digits, eg 1.50
I am using BIRT2.5.2 All-in-one.
Regards,
Cecilia