Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using Data Item Outside of Table
magic_bern
I have a table that return the list of meter reading for a month. and at the bottom of the reading Columns, I have a Data Item that give me the total monthly consumption (Last - 1st Reading).
I am able to create a meter type graph on the footer of this table as i can find the data item under available column binding *** row._outer["data item"]*** However if I Choose to build the graph outside the table i am no longer able to choose the data item.
I have many meters and would like a page for the reading and another for the graphs so i would need to create it outside the table.
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi magic_bern,
Is there any way you can provide an example report of a similar issue using the sample database? Or using a csv file dataSet? This way I can see exactly what you're trying to do. Thanks!
magic_bern
Hi MWilliams,
I made a quick report sample to explain the problem I am having. It's on a flat file
Thanks in advance
mwilliams
magic_bern,
What version of BIRT are you using?
mwilliams
Alright, I opened the report and found the version. I can't run the report correctly with the txt file because I can't switch the value to integer, but I think I know for sure what you're talking about now at least. I know that in newer versions of BIRT, aggregations and such used in a table are available for charts external to the table to use because you can actually use the table as the source, rather than just using the dataSet. Are you using BIRT within another product that doesn't allow you to upgrade?