Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
IRenderTask still in a "Running" status after invoking IRenderTask.cancel()
system_migrated
I don't know why, but I'm having issues when trying to cancel a IRenderTask using the IRenderTask.cancel() method. I'm trying to getting advantage of the rptdocument mechanism while running report.
1- Let the user decide if he want to refresh report's data before rendering it.
2- If user choose to refresh data, invoke IRunTask.run(...) method
3- Then, whether he refreshed the report or not, invoke the IRenderTask.run(...) to render the report.
This works as expected. But in addition to run report, user has to be able to cancel all of the currently instantiated IEngineTask: IRunTask and IRenderTask.
IRunTask is cancelling just fine. However, this is not the case of the IRenderTask. After invoking the IRenderTask, the cancelFlag is set to "true", but for some reasons, the status is still "Running" and the task is not cancelled.
Is there something I do wrong ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Any clues ? I find this quite unpleasant since some reports can run for a long time and consume a lot of resource even when user canceled them ...