Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Reuse Dataset
TheRealDea
I hope that I can explain my situation appropriately.
I have a report that has 7,8, or 9 elements that all display data from the same, one SQL dataset. My goal would be to have the main population created one-time and then referenced by each element.
1) I have thought about some sort of dataset that each element could reference.
2) Create a temporary table at the startup of the report, then point each element to that temporary table.
An direction would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Is there any reason why you couldn't just do this in a table? I'm not sure I understand teh question.
The only benefit from adding to a table is if you are referencing the same data set in multiple places in the same report without making multiple fetch calls to the database.
If you really wanted to go that route, you could use your dataset in a hidden table, populate a List or some sort of collection, then use a scripted data source on that List.
TheRealDea
I am going to referencing the same dataset, but summing it in differents ways/looks. I am trying to eliminate multiple calls.
TheRealDea
Does anyone have any ideas of how to create a dataset before I open the report? I assume it would need to run via javascript.
Thanks,
TheRealDea
Is this even possible to create an Oracle table before I start loading up the report? If not, is it possible to have one dataset that all of the other objects see?