Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cant get MouseOver-Toggle Visibility in Charts to work
system_migrated
I'm using BIRT 2.3.0. I can get hyperlinks to other reports and URLs to work off a chart data point, but I'd like to show the "corresponding data element" when the user mouses over the data point on the chart. I went through the interactivity button for the y-series and selected mouseover and toggle visibility. When I run it, I get no response. Is there a trick here? I attahed a screen shot showing how I did it. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Is the chart type set to svg? Do you have svg enabled in the Report Designs->Preview options? BTW why not just use a tooltip here?
Jason
Migrateduser
Jason, Thanks for your response. I didnt have SVG enabled in preferences, but I did have chart type set to SVG. I enabled SVG in viewer preferences, used the tool tip and ran preview. None of the charts rendered. So I think the browser doesnt like SVG, perhaps. I tried switching the browser from default system browser (IE7) to Firefox with no effect. I also tried using PNG as a chart type with no success. Then because I read here (<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.codedread.com/svg-support.php'>Welcome
To codedread</a>) that IE7 doesnt support svg, I tried chrome and that didnt work either. <br />
<br />
I can put in a hyperlink to a website and get that to click through correctly, which leads me to believe, in combination with the above, that the svg part of this might be working ok and its another issue. - Eric
JasonW
Couple things to try:
1 - download the svg plugin from adobe with IE.
2 - Set the Report Design->Preivew->Always use external browsers. Also set the browser to firefox.
Jason
Migrateduser
Jason - thanks. I downloaded the plug in and that works. I could never get firefox to work which mystifies me since that browser is supposed to support svg natively.
JasonW
What version of FireFox are you using?
Migrateduser
3.6.3 which I believe is the latest and greatest.