Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to have two series with two stacking different ?
lazarel
Hi,<br />
<br />
I want to know if it's possible to have two series with two stacking different with BIRT under the Eclipse Public License.<br />
<br />
I tested to change stacking with this 2 links :<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/15007-how-access-optional-y-series-grouping.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/15007-how-access-optional-y-series-grouping.html</a><br
/>
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/search?q=cht+=+reportContext.getDesignHandle()'>BIRT
World: Search results for cht = reportContext.getDesignHandle()</a><br />
<br />
But if I drop stacking for one serie the other drop with same stacking and if I add stacking for one serie the other have the same stacking.<br />
<br />
Is this behaviour normal ?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Julien
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Julien,
I don't think I'm quite understanding correctly. Can you explain your issue a little more? Thanks!
lazarel
So,
I use BIRT under the Eclipse Public License.
I've a report with a chart and this chart have two bar series and one Y axe.
I want to apply a stacking tp the first serie and not to the other, with scripts in method beforeFactory
So, I used the two links to add stacking and I succeed to add a stacking to one serie.
But If i add a stacking to the first serie, the other take the same stacking.
mwilliams
So, you have 2 series in a chart and you're adding a 3rd series that you only want stacked on a the first series, not the second, but it's not working this way. Is this correct? What is your BIRT version? I'll see if I can figure something out for you.
lazarel
Not 3 series, only 2.
For example: serie one have a stacking (on y axis), serie two have not.
My version is 2.5.2 and i use BIRT under the Eclipse Public License.
Thank for help
mwilliams
Julien,
I guess I'm still confused as to what you're trying to do then. If you are doing a stacked bar chart, you'd have to have 3 series to have one stacked bar and one not. If not a 3rd series, what are you stacking on the other series? Please explain. Thanks!
lazarel
Well,
This is an example of my report, it'll be easy to understand.
Thank for patience.
Julien
mwilliams
Julien,<br />
<br />
Alright, I'm with ya now!
All chart series currently have to have the same number of points, so I don't think you'll find a way around this. You can submit an enhancement request to support something like you're looking for at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>.<br />
<br />
If you request an enhancement, please provide the request info in here so that others wanting a similar thing can vote on your request. Thanks.
lazarel
So, currently it's not possible to implement this behaviour.
But, is it possible to implement this with BIRT API directly ?