Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using the result of a data set as a parameter
system_migrated
Hi,
I would like to know if it was possible to use the result of a data set as an input parameter for another data set.
In my case I obtain an id that I would like to use in a SQL statement.
Thanks !
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iparker
Hello Koala,
you can set a value from a data-set as a report-parameter like this:
params["my_parameter"].value = dataSetRow["my_db_field"]
Afterwards you can use this parameter for another query.
Hope that helps.
Timo
Migrateduser
Thanks, iparker !
But I don't really get where I should initialize the report parameter value. I've tried to do it on the onFetch event of the "source" data set but it didn't work.
iparker
Hello,
do you output the first dataSet or do you just want to use the dataSet to fill the report-parameter?
Migrateduser
I just want to fill the report parameter.
Migrateduser
For those who might be interested by this problem solution, I was able to bind the two datasets using a subreport.
I have created a table for the "source" data set and made it invisible.