Hello,<br />
<br />
I have really basic-problems with the „Example plugin for Expression Builder” posted on <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1101-example-plugin-for-expression-builder/#description'>Example plugin for Expression Builder - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a> and <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2008/09/birt-231-adding-functions-to-expression.html'>BIRT World: BIRT 2.3.1 - Adding Functions to the Expression Builder</a>. <br />
<br />
Unfortunately I don’t even can start the attached example correct. I’m not very confirm with eclipse and the import and export of eclipse-projects.<br />
<br />
With the following steps I tried to import and export the project to insert the TestFunction() into BIRT:<br />
<br />
1.) I create a new plugin-project in eclipse and name it “plugin_test_02”. I do not change any other setting in the project-wizzard.<br />
<br />
2.) I import the downloaded archive-file in my project. I just choosed the “my.expression.functions”-directory in the extracted archive. I choosed the complete content of the directory for the import. I use the “overwrite existing resources without warning”-option and overwrite the existing files. <br />
<br />
3.) I export the project as “Deployable plug-ins and fragments”. As destination-directory I choosed the eclipse-plugins-directory. <br />
<br />
4.) I get the message: “Errors occurred during the export operation…”. The generated log-file has the following content:<br />
<br />
# 21.05.10 16:05:47 MESZ<br />
# Eclipse Java Compiler 0.972_R35x, 3.5.1 release, Copyright IBM Corp 2000, 2009. All rights reserved.<br />
<br />
1. ERROR in C:Dokumente und EinstellungenTimo Hähneworkspace2plugin_test_02srcmyexpressionfunctionsMyCategory.java (at line 9)<br />
class MyCategory implements IScriptFunctionExecutor<br />
^^^^^^^^^^<br />
The type MyCategory must implement the inherited abstract method IScriptFunctionExecutor.execute(Object[], IScriptFunctionContext)<br />
<br />
2. ERROR in C:Dokumente und EinstellungenTimo Hähneworkspace2plugin_test_02srcmyexpressionfunctionsMyCategory.java (at line 30)<br />
private class TestFunction implements IScriptFunctionExecutor<br />
^^^^^^^^^^^^<br />
The type MyCategory.TestFunction must implement the inherited abstract method IScriptFunctionExecutor.execute(Object[], IScriptFunctionContext)<br />
<br />
3. WARNING in C:Dokumente und EinstellungenTimo Hähneworkspace2plugin_test_02srcmyexpressionfunctionsMyCategory.java (at line 38)<br />
public Object execute( Object[] args ) throws BirtException<br />
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<br />
The method execute(Object[]) from the type MyCategory.TestFunction is never used locally<br />
<br />
4. ERROR in C:Dokumente und EinstellungenTimo Hähneworkspace2plugin_test_02srcmyexpressionfunctionsMyCategory.java (at line 52)<br />
return this.executor.execute( arguments );<br />
^^^^^^^<br />
The method execute(Object[], IScriptFunctionContext) in the type IScriptFunctionExecutor is not applicable for the arguments (Object[])<br />
<br />
4 problems (3 errors, 1 warning)<br />
<br />
So how can I get the example running? I want to try to insert some custom functions into birt.<br />
<br />
Thanks for some answers!<br />
<br />
Timo