Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Mashboard Installation Help
Nam
I used iServer Express 10 with SP1 and followed both standard and customized installation instructions but both did not the Mashboard sample application to run.
The error messages were:
HTTP Status 404 - Invalid path /mashboard was requested
type: Status report
message: invalid path /mashboard was requested
description: The requested resource (Invalid path /mashboard was requested) is not available
What did I possible wrong.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
Can you update the thread with the URL you attempted to load? We will work form there and get this sorted out.
Thanks!
Nam
This is the URL that I used to load the Mashboard app:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8900/iportal/mashboard.do?project=QuickStart'>http://localhost:8900/iportal/mashboard.do?project=QuickStart</a><br
/>
<br />
By the way, do I require any specific type of licenses to be able to run this app?
bhanley
First off, you need no specific license to run the Mashboard. It is Open Source and freely available.<br />
<br />
Onto you specific deployment. There are a couple things to look at:<br />
<br />
1) Can you log onto Information Console directly? This is the infrastructure the Mashboard runs on. Please log on to it to rule out any underlying issues. That URL is <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8900/iportal/'>http://localhost:8900/iportal/</a>
; <br />
<br />
2) After logging into Information Console successfully, can you verify the mashboard Struts action is in fact in the struts-config.xml (under WEB-INF) and is spelled correctly?<br />
<br />
3) If that checks out, please check the STDOUT log to see if anything is reported there. (/servletcontainer/logs)<br />
<br />
Keep me posted, One of these three things should point us to the problem.<br />
<br />
Thanks.
Nam
These are the answers to your suggestions:
1) I re-installed mashboard by following the installation instruction. To answer to the first question, I am able to login to Information Console using the above URL with pre-existed user and password that I created with iServer Express.
2) Since I used the struts-config.xml file that comes with mashboard without modification, the mashboard action is there intact:
<action path="/logout" type="com.actuate.mashboard.actions.AcLogoutAction">
<forward name="landing" path="/landing.jsp" redirect="true"/>
</action>
<!-- Process Mashboard -->
<action
path="/mashboard"
type="com.actuate.mashboard.actions.MashboardAction">
<forward name="success" path="/iportal/mashboard/" redirect="true"/>
</action>
3) When I run mashboard, it gives me the page with the following message:
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
message
description The requested resource () is not available.
and the log file only shows the following with no other error log:
127.0.0.1 - - [25/May/2010:11:32:45 -0400] "GET /iportal/mashboard.do?project=QuickStart HTTP/1.1" 404 952
Now, what else can we check? I also uploaded QuickStart configuration files to "Resources/mashboard/QuickStart" directory and gave the read and write permission to "All".
bhanley
That log entry looks like it is from the localhost access log. Is there anything in STDOUT or STDERR that can help us determine the problem?
Nam
I don't see any other logs other than localhost_access.log.
I have been using iServer Express with named user license and whenever I follow the mashboard install instruction, I got the this error.
The normal Information Console works file login, browsing, running the reports. Anywhere else that I need to look at?
bhanley
OK, time to step back a bit and verify the core things are working as we would expect.<br />
<br />
1) What path have you deployed iServer Express to?<br />
<br />
2) What path did you deploy the Mashboard into?<br />
<br />
3) I would like to verify the overall Struts installation by invoking a Struts action that is core to Information Console (not the Mashboard). Can you log into <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8900/iportal/getfolderitems.do'>http://localhost:8900/iportal/getfolderitems.do</a>
; ? From there you should be challenged for authentication. After logging in you should see all your iServer content for that user.<br />
<br />
Thanks.
Nam
OK, time to step back a bit and verify the core things are working as we would expect.<br />
<br />
1) What path have you deployed iServer Express to?<br />
<br />
--> C:serveriServer<br />
<br />
2) What path did you deploy the Mashboard into?<br />
<br />
--> C:serveriServerservletcontaineriportaliportal<br />
<br />
3) I would like to verify the overall Struts installation by invoking a Struts action that is core to Information Console (not the Mashboard). Can you log into <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8900/iportal/getfolderitems.do'>http://localhost:8900/iportal/getfolderitems.do</a>
; ? From there you should be challenged for authentication. After logging in you should see all your iServer content for that user.<br />
<br />
--> I was able to login and saw all the reports deployed on this user's home directory
bhanley
Can you attach your updated web.xml and struts-config.xml to this thread? You may have to zip the two together (I am not sure if XML attachments are supported in this forum). If you do not want to attach tem publically, you can e-mail them to me directly at: <strong class='bbc'>bhanley [at] actuate [dot] com</strong><br />
<br />
Thanks.
bhanley
We have this worked out. A full restart of iServer Express is required for the installation to complete (the web app configuration files need to be re-processed by the server after they are updated). The restart was done and all is well.
Sometimes the simplest questions are the ones we for get to ask!
Nam
Brian,
You also had suggested the following that I followed:
Add this form-bean to the form bean definitions at the top of the struts-config.xml.
<form-bean name="mashboardLoginForm" type="com.actuate.mashboard.forms.MashboardLoginForm" />
The default struts-config.xml file that comes with the zipped mashboard package does not contains this line in the file, so others may also need to consider to add this.
Thanks again for your help.
bhanley
You do not need to worry about adding that bean info. The version of the Mashboard on BIRT Exchange does not leverage that bean. The next update posted will use that bean. Stay tuned to the forum for an announcement when the update posts.
Thanks!