Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Trigger for ModifyFSE ?
nipper
I have triggers that fire on a create file system element and rename one. Now I am trying modifyFSE. It is registered (I checked in $iw-home/local/.pids/PID & saw the process running).
I used the same code as rename FSE, just changed the env variable.
Has anyone used this trigger ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Got this working.
Feature is that ModifyFSE only triggers on the first write of a file that is the same as Staging. This does make sense in that Unix writes in buffers and if you are triggering off of the physical write operation, then you might get 20 triggers for a write of a large file.
So the net is that it will only trigger when teh file is unmodified from Staging.
IW should trigger on an fopen and then on the write. This means the trigger would fire anytime the file was truly modified.
Andy
Ottawa_IWOV
I am having some problems with triggers. I create a new DCR, but the only thing logged in the iwevents log is the fact it is locked by templating, nothing about CreateFSE. Same with renaming a file etc.
Am I missing something here?
Lucas Cochrane
lcochrane@dc.com
nipper
DO you have a trigger defined ? You will not get anything in the log until the system starts looking for the CreateFSE event (or renameFSE).
Andy
Ottawa_IWOV
I have CreateFSE defined. Just simple script to print to a log file
iwat CreateFSE "d:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl d:/iw-home/local/triggers.rename.ipl"
Registered fine, but the script does not run when I create a new DCR. I also ran the script from the command line, so I know the Perl is fine.
Any thoughts?
Lucas Cochrane
lcochrane@dc.com
mgal
you might have to modify the iw.cfg file as described in the KB article
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=1458
Ottawa_IWOV
Do you know how to set up a script to trigger when these events occur. I understand it can be done with iwatcreate.ipl but I can't get it to work for the life of me. An example would be great.
Thanks!
Lucas Cochrane
lcochrane@dc.com