Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab Column Headers
Santek
I have a crosstab report that shows about 40 rows. I’m finding that the column headers (measure) print only on first page, the headers don’t repeat on second page when you export to PDF/WORD output formats. Any idea how to print column headers on continues pages?
I am using BIRT2.3.1.
Thanks
HS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi HS,
I just ran a crosstab report in BIRT 2.3.2 and the crosstab headers repeated on the second and third pages as expected. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're meaning or there is a difference in this area between 2.3.1 and 2.3.2. While I wait for response from you, I'll try to get a copy of 2.3.1 downloaded.
Santek
Hello Michael,<br />
<br />
Thanks for your response. <br />
I have a typical cross tab cube with result set (crosstab) that returns about 40 rows. I want to print the output as below:<br />
<br />
Page 1:<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Description 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 (these are dynamic cols)<br />
</strong>Element1 XX XX XX XX XX<br />
Element2 XX XX XX XX XX<br />
Element3 XX XX XX XX XX<br />
..<br />
..<br />
..<br />
<br />
Page2:<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Description 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014<br />
</strong>Element1 XX XX XX XX XX<br />
Element2 XX XX XX XX XX<br />
Element3 XX XX XX XX XX<br />
..<br />
..<br />
..<br />
<br />
My biggest problem with BIRT2.3.1 is that I am not able to repeat column headers (Description 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 ) on every page.<br />
How can I display these column headers on each page?<br />
<br />
I appreciate for your help.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
HS
mwilliams
HS,
Can you recreate a report design that doesn't work in 2.3.1 for you. I'll run it once I can acquire a working copy of 2.3.1. I was pretty sure that the header data repeated on the next page by default in 2.3.x.
Santek
Michael,
Please see the attached sample report design file and word output file that was generated by this report design files. In the attached word output you see the column headers only first page and column headers are not repeated from second page onwards. I like see column headers repeated on all pages.
Thanks
HS
mwilliams
HS,<br />
<br />
In PDF, in 2.3.1, I get the headers repeated for each page, just like before. <br />
<br />
As for the DOC output, I get the same thing as you, unless I go to the row area section of the property editor and set up a page break. In 2.3.1, you don't have the option for an interval, but in newer versions you'd have that option. Then, the header does repeat on each page, even in the DOC output. I would agree that this should automatically print a new header on each page if the option to repeat header is chosen. Please log a bug for this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>. Thanks!
Santek
Bug 315236 - Crosstab reports do not repeat headers on each page.
mwilliams
HS,
Thanks for the update. Let us know whenever you have questions!
cguija
My problem is that there is no way to put a header for each column that I report on a crosstab:
In all the examples I see this kind of report:
Car Plane Ship
2009 Q1 897 3 12
Q2 12 897 3
Q3 3 12 897
2010 Q1 897 3 12
Q2 12 897 3
Q3 3 12 897
It's a fact that 2009 and 2010 are years, so It's a redundancy to put a header as Year / Qtr
The same about Car Plane and Ship ( maybe Lines )
But what about if I have this kind of report???
002 003 004 005
002 Description02 x-01 12.0 11.1 1.0 10.1
003 Description03 y-04 12.0 11.1 1.0 10.1
004 Description04 z-99 12.0 11.1 1.0 10.1
What the ?$%?ll are 002 003 ... 005 in the first line? and what about x-01 ..z-99,
I have a crosstab in birt with this layout and I couldnt find a way to put a header !!!
I appreciatte your comments !!
mwilliams
What does your data look like that creates the above crosstab? Does the field that you use for the column dimension not have these values?
cguija
Certainly!, my data doesn't have the 'drawed' red box (Vendor,P.O., Ammt, Delivery, etc.. ), I put that just give you an idea of what I want !!, these are descriptors of the data that is below !!! By the way there are some holes in my printscreen of the report just for confindential reasons; but this is a full crosstab report (you can see this holes next to the vendor and the account columns )
mwilliams
I was referring to what the 002, 003, etc are. Are they values from the field that you use in your crosstab dimension? That's what they should be.
As for the header row above the row dimensions, if you're wanting them to appear that way, you'll just have to put a grid in the header box in the top left of the crosstab and put labels in the grid and size the grid the same as you size the dimension cells.
Hope this answers your question.