Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Conditional Parameters
AshishK
Hi All,
BIRT Version - 2.5.0
Modification Level - Cannot modify any existing JSP and JS files provided by BIRT.
I am stuck in a situation where in one report I need to put 2 conditional parameters, 1st bieng the list box and the other bieng the textbox with radio button. Also, if the radio button along with textbox is selected, listbox control should be disabled. Just to make it clear that the the 2 controls will be referring to different conditional section in the main query.
I checked various functionalities provided with the existing features. Since the value needs to be picked from either the listbox control or the textbox, I could come up with the following design. See the attached image "Conditional Parameters.jpg". Listbox control = Parameter A, Textboxcontrol = Parameter B.
So, I created 2 non mandatory controls. For the list box control, it comes with additional space and null value and also textbox as input. For the textbox control, it has additional Null Value. No way, disabling of other control on selection on one can be achieved.
But now user can select either of the two or both and the scenario has shifted from the requirement.
1) When both options are selected, report data will be filtered based on the 2 parameters passed.
2) When either is selected, report data will be filtered based on the single parameter passed.
3) When none is selected, report will not be filtered for these 2 parameters.
Is there any better way to achive this using the existing features of BIRT 2.5.0?
Regards,
Ashish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Looks like this is a duplicate post of the following thread:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/19664-conditional-parameters.html#post64877'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/19664-conditional-parameters.html#post64877</a>
;