Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Range of dates to be displayed as columns
neetira
Hi
I have a jsp page which gives the option of selecting a range of dates - for example: March 2009 to June 2009.
The jsp page is going to send the range of dates - March 2009, April 2009, May 2009, June 2009 to the report.
I thought I can save these values in a temporary table and retrieve them in the report. But I want to display them as columns, not as rows. So, the number of columns will vary depending on the range of values selected in the jsp page.
After displaying the range of dates as columns, I want to retrieve values corresponding Month and Year and display them under the dates. The values are already present in a table in the database.
I am not able to put the values of Month and Year in columns. They are getting displayed as rows.
Is this scenario possible? Or is there some other way to do the same?
I would be grateful if somebody could help me out.
Thanks
Neeti
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Krelek1000
This is just an idea... It might not even work... It is just a theory that came to me...
You stated you want to show Dates (Month/Year) as columns instead of rows. Problem is that each row is showing the different dates...
Well here is the theory I am trying...
What if you did a range in the report but used subreports to break out the columns as different months...
In otherwords, range is January to april...
4 subreports used...
1 subreport per "cell" in the details list.
Basically look at it as a vertical report...
You can have a maximum of 6 months worth of data or so but you can force that through java also. so if they query more than 6 months worth, it doesn't render or it shows an error message. if less than 6 months, then it only uses the # of months in subreports (3 would only show up to 3rd subreport column...
What do you think?
mwilliams
Hi Neeti,
A crosstab may also be something that could work for you in this scenario, depending on how your data is set up.