Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar Chart Filtering
system_migrated
Hi all,
I have been using BIRT for a couple of days now and have found this site extremely useful.
I am currently preparing a dashboard for a client and within in, I am trying to create a bar chart.
I have managed to create this and am pretty familiar with the various menu's, etc, but everytime I preview the chart, it returns 1 chart for all parties.
What I need is one chart per entity (that is included within my X-axis and I am unsure about how this can be achieved? The Y-axis, by the way are fine.
Example:
Each person has a sales value and a target value and I want to produce one report per person. Instead, I get many reports with everything on each.
I think that this has something to do with filtering, please help!!
Thanks in anticipation,
andymills
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi andymills,
Are you doing your chart within a table? If so, does the chart use the dataSet as the source? Or the container(table)?
Migrateduser
I created the bar chart within a table (in the detail row section of the table). The data set is referenced within the edit chart > select data tab > use data from drop-down.
Regards,
Andy
Migrateduser
I've changed the select data to use data from 'inherit data and columns'. This now works fine.
Thanks,
Andy
mwilliams
Andy,
Great to hear it's working. Let us know whenever you have questions!