Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple report at the same time
system_migrated
Hi everybody, it's me again.
I have anoter problem to be solved. I am using the eclipse IDE that includes Birt and the Birt Viewer included. I am making a report from an XML source. I have to make some reports with the same tamplate. The question here is there are a way to make a bat of reports sending the information in the same xml? in every report there are the same tags of information in the xml, the header and the footer of my masterPage is diferent in every report.
I hope to get some clues to solve the problem.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi mijoxxx,
Can you explain your issue in a little more detail? Are you asking how to create multiple "reports" within one report design? If so, you could set up each different report you want within the design screen, when you want to break the design to use a different master page, you'd just select the last item you want on a given master page and go to the page break section in the property editor and choose always for the page break after option. Then, you'd select the first item you want on the next master page and in the property editor, you'd assign the appropriate master page to that item. You'd do the same for each last element you want in a given master page and for the first element you want in the next master page. This would allow you to do different "reports" within one report design only using 1 xml file. If this isn't what you're trying to do, please let me know more information! Thanks!
Another thing you could do to only connect to a file one time would be to create your dataSource and dataSet in a library. Then you could use this connection in many report designs. As I said before, let me know if either of these answers your question!