Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using custom images in your reports - what is best practice?
system_migrated
Hi,
If you want to use your own images (logos, background images for table cells etc), what is the best way to manage these so that when you deploy your report to tomcat, you dont need to go and get the image files over to a subfolder of tomcat aswell?
I have a directory called myReports which contains all my ".rptdesgin" files and I created a sub-dir within this called "Resources" into which I placed the images that are used within the report.
This is the folder that eclipse will save to.
The problem is, the instructions on how to deploy a report into tomcat only tell you to put the .rptdesign file in the "apache-tomcat-6.0.26webappsbirt-viewer" directory. Every time I add a new image to the report, I have to copy the resources dir over to the tomcat folder as well. Im sure there is a better way to do this.
In a nutshell, deploying a changed verson of the report to tomcat involves dragging alot of stuff over each time. I would like to know how others do this.
Thanks
-Tommy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Tommy,
You could try using embedded images rather than calling them from a resource folder.