Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
RTF from a database
dbh03079
I am trying to produce a report in BIRT that will display RTF data that comes from a field in a database. I added a Text report item, set the value expression to pull from the appropriate field from my data set, and set the context type to RTF. The result I get when trying to view the report as a PDF is a hex string "7B 5C 72 74 66 31 5C 71 ..." (ie, the hex codes for each character in the RTF string itself).
I've tried some other combinations of things and can't seem to get BIRT to interpret and display the RTF data. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Donald, I just did a bit of digging around and it seems that while RTF support was talked about in the Text control original specs, it seems it is still not yet supported in this fashion. You can add yourself to this bug located at the link below if you want to be notified or add input.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=284323'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=284323</a>
;