Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Insert an existing group
system_migrated
I had originally set up my report with a group called "class". I removed it. I now decided I want to add it back.
I can't figure out how to reuse an existing group.
When I Insert a group (Element -> Group -> Insert Group) I seem to only be given an opportunity to create a new group. When I put the existing group name in, I get an error that a group already exists.
I can edit the group so I know it's there (Element -> Group -> Edit Group -> Class)
How do I reuse it? Or delete it for that matter so I can insert a new group with the old name?
Thanks in advance!
TDR
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi TDR,
If you select your table? Is the group still there on the groups tab in the property editor?
If so, I'm guessing you just deleted the group header and footer rather than actually removing the group. In this case, all you'll need to do is right click on the "table" tab in the bottom, left corner of the table. Then choose to insert group header/footer, select your group, then select whether you want the header or footer back. Let me know if this helps.
Migrateduser
I get it now.
The grouping stays whether any parts of the group are displayed. I was thinking once I removed the group detail the group essentially "disappeared" and yet it somehow still hung around!
Furthermore I didn't realize that clicking on the Table tab gave you additional options regarding adding group elements.
Last of all, I didn't even see the Groups tab ont he table properties editor. I was able to organize my groups that way and then add the header back in using the Table tab context menu.
Thanks!
mwilliams
TDR,
No problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!