Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Stored Procedures
system_migrated
Hi,
I am having problems using output parameters from a stored procedure that is
called by a stored procedure dataset in BIRT.
In my stored procedure, I have a few output parameters of type NUMBER and
BIRT automatically creates corresponding BIRT dataset output parameters of
type decimal. These output parameters show up in the data explorer under the
dataset but I am unable to drag and drop into the report mainly because they
show up as, {} param1, {} param2 and not with the icon for output
parameters.
When I click preview results for this dataset, I get the following error:
SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.
I also tried to return a ref cursor in my procedure so that BIRT gets a
resultset on its end but it does not work.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Deepak, I moved your post to the Designing BIRT Reports forum.<br />
<br />
Please take a look at the tutorial on using stored procedures at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/447-using-stored-procedures-with-birt/#description'>Using
Stored Procedures with BIRT - Tutorials - BIRT Exchange</a> to see if that helps.<br />
<br />
Virgil