Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Backing Up Encyclopedia
onlysujay
Hi,<br />
<br />
As I understand, one way of backing up the encylopedia is to set the volume to "online backup mode" and subsequently backup the content of the "encyc" folder.<br />
<br />
I'm required to acheive the following through a java utility application. I could proceed with this using the following exposed web service::<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
ExecuteVolumeCommand volumeCommand = new ExecuteVolumeCommand();
volumeCommand.setVolumeName(getVolumeName());
volumeCommand.setCommand(ExecuteVolumeCommandCommand.SwitchToOnlineBackupMode);
ExecuteVolumeCommandResponse response = proxy.executeVolumeCommand(volumeCommand);
</pre>
<br />
My issue is with the restoration from the backup. As I understand, I need to take the volume offline, copy the dump to "encyc" folder, delete the "transLog" folder and then put the volume back online.<br />
<br />
However, I couldn't find any exposed web service to take the volume offline. Can someone please let me know of a way to achieve this? <br />
<br />
I do not want to stop the iServer during the restoration process.<br />
<br />
Also, as I understand a couple of utilities are provided for backup & restore, namely "acexport" & "acimport". However, they also need the volume to be put offline (and this leads me back to my original problem)<br />
<br />
FYI, we're using Actuate10
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
onlysujay
Hi,
Can someone please help me out with this?
Thanks,
Sujay
averma
Hi Sujay,
Unfortunately iServer WSDL does not expose the API to bring the volume offline, however you can achieve this through the following SOAP requests:
1. Get the authentication id from the server for the system administration page (not the volume)
2. Use the above id to send a message(PutVolumeOffline) to bring the volume offline.
I am attaching a sample java code to achieve the above.
Ashwini
onlysujay
Hi Ashwini,
Thanks a lot for the code snippet. Really appreciate all help with this. I'll try out the code & revert back in case I face any further problem with this.
Sujay