Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart Click+Hover Zoom
FlorentBen
Hello all,
I have a bar chart in one of my Birt Reports and I would like users to be able to zoom into the chart by doing a click&hover over the area they want to zoom into.
Is there any easy way to do this ?
Thanks for your help,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi FlorentBen,
Are you talking like a magnifying glass feature? If so, I don't know of a way to do this with BIRT. If not, could you please explain a little more? I could see a way you might be able to drill through on a certain date and pop up a new window showing a chart filtered to see that date and a few surrounding dates. Let me know if this is a possible solution.
FlorentBen
Hi mwilliams, thanks for your reply.
Basically, say I have a chart that shows the evolution of a certain function over time throughout the day. I would like the user to be able to click+hover over the graph horizontally and focus on a shorter timeframe (like a 1 hour timeframe instead of the previous 24 hour timeframe ).
Would you, by any chance, know how to do this ?
Thanks,
Niel
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'FlorentBen'" data-cid="65543" data-time="1276530253" data-date="14 June 2010 - 08:44 AM"><p>
Hi mwilliams, thanks for your reply.<br />
<br />
Basically, say I have a chart that shows the evolution of a certain function over time throughout the day. I would like the user to be able to click+hover over the graph horizontally and focus on a shorter timeframe (like a 1 hour timeframe instead of the previous 24 hour timeframe ).<br />
<br />
Would you, by any chance, know how to do this ?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello FlorentBen,<br />
<br />
I need to do the same. Were you able to get it working?<br />
Niel
thuston
It would take some elaborate scripting to have the Chart completely change like that.
An easier approach would be to have Sub reports with the detailed information and have the Chart link drill down to these reports.