Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
using subreport ?
-victor-
Hello,
I need your help, because I would like to do a main statistic report, may be using subreports. In fact, i have some specific reports about for example activities, who list all activities without a condition (document, description, role, resources,...). Now, i would like to do a main report about activities, who gives only statistics about those specifics reports, for example the number of activities without a condition. I'm thinking to using subreport and the aggregation tool but i saw the Birt video example about subreport and it doesn't fit with what i want to do. I don't want to recreate datasets just to get numbers and i haven't an idea for the moment. I hope that you understand my problem, thanks in advance.
I'm using the Birt RCP Designer 2.3.2.
Victor
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Victor,
I'm not sure I'm understanding completely what you're trying to do. Here's what I'm thinking you're trying to do:
You have a group of specific reports and you'd like to have a generic higher level report that shows the totals/important data from each of the specific reports that you can drill down to the specific reports from? If this is not the case, let me know.
-victor-
Thank for your interest. In fact, i have a list of standards reports, using different datasets and i want to do a global report that shows statistics from the reports of the list, from theirs data. It's simple statistics that can be make with the aggregation tool, but i don't know how to join the statistics report with all specifics report. And the idea is to not use again the datasets of the specifics report in the statistics report just to get numbers from them.
I hope, it's more clear now.
Victor