Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Most common string value in group.
hesher
For this example data:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>Index, State, Food
1, CA, Hamburger
2, NY, Lettuce
3, CA, Cheese
4, NY, Lettuce
5, NY, Cheese
6, AR, Cheese</pre>
<br />
I would like to group by State and show the most common food for each state. So the result for the example should be:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>State, Popular Food
CA, Hamburger
NY, Lettuce
AR, Cheese</pre>
<br />
The problem is I can't find an aggregation that would return the most common string.<br />
There is the 'mode' function but it only works on integers.<br />
<br />
Am I missing Something?<br />
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet