Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to create a frequency distribution?
ManInBlack
Hello,
how can I create a frequency distribution regarding different groups?
I uploaded my test birt rptdesign file incl. the datasource.txt-file.
My goal of that report, how the report should looking like, I appended as a jpg-picture.
bye,
ManInBlack
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi ManInBlack,
If you create a computed column with an expression that determines what range the row falls into, you can group on this new "range" field, and use an aggregation to display the count. Let me know if you'd like an example.
ManInBlack
Hi Michael,
thank you for your answer.
I haven?t done that before. Please could you give me an example.
It would be a please if you could append it in my testcase (testreport.rptdesign).
My aim is to group the column "duration in hour" in some ranges
( to 10 hours, 10 - 30 hours, 30 - 50 hours and to last for example).
Thanks + Bye
ManInBlack
ManInBlack
Hi Michael,
you asked me if I would like an example. Till today I couldn?t solute this topic.
Please give me an example.
Thx+Bye
ManInBlack
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. Your post must've gotten pushed down a page or two before I saw it. My mistake. Here is a simple example of one way to do what you're wanting.
ManInBlack
Fine, thank you for your answer, that was the solution and now I am happy
Have a nice time. Bye for now! ManInBlack
mwilliams
Not a problem. Always glad to help!