Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Break oprhan records
johnsonDMG
sorting student name... when its on the same page i suppress the duplicate names, but when there's a page break in the group of i want the studentName to be unsuppressed on the first line of the next page. If there are any other records after the first record on the new page for that student I want the studentName suppressed for the that group.
bob smith, 10, 10
, 20, 20
==== page break ==========
bob smith, 55, 10
, 9, 10
Jack jones, 9, 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi johnsonDMG,
Could you use grouping and the repeat group header option rather than using the supress duplicates?
johnsonDMG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65587" data-time="1276632945" data-date="15 June 2010 - 01:15 PM"><p>
Hi johnsonDMG,<br />
<br />
Could you use grouping and the repeat group header option rather than using the supress duplicates?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I looked at that yesterday... it would work to some extent. It would change the way the report looks though. And something that I noticed when I did that, there was a page break that repeated the header twice. Once on the last line of the report, and again on the new page after the page break.<br />
<br />
I'm using "page break interval" = 40. Is there any way i can check the value of the "page break interval" as its incrementing to see if "page break interval" is 1. I can use this as a switch for the script controlling the suppression. If its the first line don't suppress, etc.
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I'll try a few things in a sample report and post it in here to see if any of them work for you.
johnsonDMG
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65625" data-time="1276700960" data-date="16 June 2010 - 08:09 AM"><p>
What is your BIRT version? I'll try a few things in a sample report and post it in here to see if any of them work for you.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
I want to try something a li'll different, something I used to use in Crystal. I don't want to use the "group header" technique (for style purposes). I am suppressing student name (which is just a report element) not the group key (Student ID). A student can have up to 5 records. Right now if student rec = 1 don't suppress. This works well if all the records are on the same page. But on a page break I want to be able to script when I'm on the first line of a page (i.e. pdf), then i can turn the suppression off on that row, and reset suppression on row 2 (pdf), etc.<br />
<br />
I'm using version: Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.3.0.v20080606 Build <2.3.0.v20080618-0630>