Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding Grid Row Based On Dataset Field Value (with multiple datasets)
genebean
How do I hide a grid row depending on the value of a field in a dataset? My report uses multiple datasets.<br />
<br />
I've tried using :<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>if (row["contract_type"] == 'construction_management') {false} else {true}</pre>
<br />
The problem seems to be that it's not referencing the field correctly. How do we reference a dataset field if there's multiple datasets?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thank you, anyone out there willing to help !! Especially the guru on this site !! THANK YOU !!!!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi genebean,
What is your BIRT version? Also, can you possibly recreate the setup of your report with the sample database and let me know what you're trying to do based on that report? Thanks!
genebean
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your attention. I'm attaching the .rptdesign file.
The grid row to be hidden is the last row, the one containing the "Guaranteed Maximum Price" status. If you select that row, you will see the Visibility property has already been set to what I described earlier. It needs to be hidden if it's NOT contract_type = 'consmgmt'.
I'm using BIRT Runtime 2.5.2 (birt-runtime-2_5_2) on Tomcat on Ubuntu.
On Eclipse, it's also version 2.5.2 for all the BIRT stuff.
Appreciate your help !!
Gene
mwilliams
Gene,
The bindings are made on the list, so you should be able to hide the list inside the grid cell based on the value and the grid cell should essentially shrink to nothing. With this happening, you wouldn't even know it was there. Hope this helps.
genebean
Thanks Michael, I'll give that a whirl.
genebean
Yup, it works, thanks for your help.
mwilliams
Gene,
No problem, always glad to help!
Let us know whenever you have questions!