Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Seperating Birt from Maximo
arunkr
Hi,
I am new to birt and need guidance on some of the aspects of birt. I understand that Maximo is shipped with a birt server which it internally uses to satisfy the report requests. We could also have a seperate Birt designer which can be used to design independent reports or modify the exisiting maximo reports, after which we would have to import these files in to the maximo server.
My question is, Is it possible to have an independent Birt server on a different physical machine, and then configure the Maximo to forward all report requests to this independent server, such that the none of the report requests would be handled by Maximo.
If this is a possibility, pls let me know the procedure.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bgbaird
I am in the middle of working toward the same goal. There is a Maximo component called ERI that does this connection. One of the drawbacks is the Maximo user not being able to schedule or email reports from w/in Maximo this way. I am going to end up licensing iServer and using the Actuate hooks in Maximo to link to it.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21304916