Hi,
first I'm a totally newbie in field of BIRT, so be patient

What I'm trying to do:
I have a report(page) which contains one table with some columns. One of those columns contains RunIDs. I want to link another report(page), which contains some details about run with selected RunID. (The content of second report is created dynamically)
I would like to do it using Java EventHandlers, but I'm a little bit confused about whole thing.
I would like to implement EventHandler (let's call it FirstEventHandler), which set global variable with selected RunID using setGlobalVariable() method. This Handler should be called in case of clicking on cell of table and second report should be open, after click. Also I do not understand how to link those reports together. I tried to set hyperlink on RunID cell, but no results.
Then I would like to implement other EventHadler (let's call it SecondEventHandler), witch read global variable and do a join into database and display info about requested run.
I tried to extend LabelEventAdapter in both cases and override super method, but no valid results.
In case of FirstEventHandler I cannot estimate which of super method to override.
In case of SecondEventHandler I assume onPrepare() or onCreate() method should be overridden.
If I'm totally wrong about whole thing please give me some advice.
Thank you for any replies.