Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
XPath expressions in BIRT
Scarlet01
When your Data Source is an XML file, is there a way in BIRT, using XPath expressions, to choose entries from 2 different parent nodes. My XML structure is somewhat like this.
<root>
<foo1>
<bar1 type="a whole bunch of stuff, then a magic string: MUPPET" />
<Text1>"A flying cat and some blue flowers"</Text>
<value>my Muppet value</value>
</foo1>
<foo2>
<bar2 type="some other stuff, then a different magic string: GREMLIN" />
<Text2>"Either this or that."</Text2>
<value>my Gremlin value</value>
</foo2>
</root>
Is there a way of choosing either Text1 or bar2 as a column mapping with <root> as the Row mapping. I know i could use the "|" or operator. But I'm not quite sure how? can someone please help me out. I'm using the 2.3 version of BIRT.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
So how do you determine which to use in the data set? Do you want each one available to the report or only one? Let me know and I will work up a sample for you.