Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using a result set as a report parameter
javaguy
Is there any way to use the result set of a data set as a report parameter?
I have a data set that returns a result set of numbers. I need to pass this result set to a stored procedure as an input parameter. Is this possible?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
There is no way to control a precedence in the building of Data Sets when the report is generated. As such, I would look at building a scripted data source using a POJO. The POJO can grab your collection of numbers and use it to generate the final data set the report requires.
javaguy
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'bhanley'" data-cid="65641" data-time="1276714505" data-date="16 June 2010 - 11:55 AM"><p>
There is no way to control a precedence in the building of Data Sets when the report is generated. As such, I would look at building a scripted data source using a POJO. The POJO can grab your collection of numbers and use it to generate the final data set the report requires.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Yes, I figured as much. I am working on a solution where I populate a temporary DB2 table with my numbers in my POJO and then call a stored procedure from the report that pulls the numbers from the table and associates them with names.<br />
<br />
Basically what you said. Thanks for replying!
bhanley
If you want to integrate the actual POJO layer as your data source that is possible too. Just look on the DevShare for examples illustrating the setup for a Scripted Data Source.<br />
<br />
Either way it sounds like you have this figured out.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'javaguy'" data-cid="65650" data-time="1276719880" data-date="16 June 2010 - 01:24 PM"><p>
Yes, I figured as much. I am working on a solution where I populate a temporary DB2 table with my numbers in my POJO and then call a stored procedure from the report that pulls the numbers from the table and associates them with names.<br />
<br />
Basically what you said. Thanks for replying!<br /></p></blockquote>