Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Disable Report Parameter
drewsheez
Hello,
I have a set of two radio buttons and a few textboxes used as report parameters. I would like to disable a textbox if one of the radio buttons is selected. Is this possible? I saw event handler in properties and was wondering if it would be possible to configure this behavior in this area?
Thanks in advance for any info!
Drew
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Drew,
I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a way to do this with the standard BIRT parameter page. You might be able to handle this in a custom parameter page though. You can see how to get started with that here:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2-2-birt-tag-library/
stuckardt
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
i want to hide a report parameter in the script block from birt viewer if an other parameter has a <br />
special value. Is this possible?<br />
<br />
+++++<br />
Change property "hidden" of parameter "rpTest" in script block<br />
Something like this:<br />
<br />
if (params["rpImportant"].value == "abc") {<br />
params["rpTest"].property['Hidden'] = false;<br />
}<br />
+++++<br />
<br />
Kind regards<br />
G?nther<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65655" data-time="1276724271" data-date="16 June 2010 - 02:37 PM"><p>
Hi Drew,<br />
<br />
I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a way to do this with the standard BIRT parameter page. You might be able to handle this in a custom parameter page though. You can see how to get started with that here:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2-2-birt-tag-library/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2-2-birt-tag-library/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
jhigashi
Which script block do you put that code in? Thanks!<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'stuckardt'" data-cid="99442" data-time="1334914089" data-date="20 April 2012 - 02:28 AM"><p>
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
i want to hide a report parameter in the script block from birt viewer if an other parameter has a <br />
special value. Is this possible?<br />
<br />
+++++<br />
Change property "hidden" of parameter "rpTest" in script block<br />
Something like this:<br />
<br />
if (params["rpImportant"].value == "abc") {<br />
params["rpTest"].property['Hidden'] = false;<br />
}<br />
+++++<br />
<br />
Kind regards<br />
G?nther<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
You'll need to create a custom parameter page to do this. If this is a standard thing you'll have in every design, you might be able to modify the standard parameter page's jsp pages to do something like this, but most likely you'll just need to build your own parameter page. You can find more info by clicking on the link above.