Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BUG : Data Set unable to expand
genebean
Hi,<br />
<br />
My SQL in a Data Set is correct, but when I click on Output Columns (in the Data Set Edit view), I get this message :<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
A BIRT exception occurred.
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
Plug-in Name:BIRT Data Engine
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.data
Version:2.5.2.v20100209
Error Code:data.engine.fail.prepareExecution
Error Message:Failed to prepare the query execution for the data set: core_query
Cannot set a null value to parameter 1.
Cannot set preparedStatement null value.
SQL error #1: Parameter metadata not available for the given statement\
</pre>
<br />
Another symptom is, I am unable to expand the Data Set in the Data Explorer view. If I hand-code a Data field though, the value will show up correctly.<br />
<br />
This happens most of the time, but sometimes, for no good reason, it works and all the available fields show up.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Gene,
Can you attach your report?