Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Blank rows issue
kristam
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.1.2 version and trying to generate PDFs through scripted data source. I am facing this blank rows issue in the following two scenarios.
- When I am using multiple tables in one single page, each table containing different number of rows.
- When I am trying to include two tables in one single .rptdesign file with a page break after first table.
In the first case I am getting equal number of rows in the output file. And the number of rows is equal to the max(rowsOfFirstTable,rowsOfSecondTable).
In the second case, I am writing the code in the fetch script of the report. And I have a variable to differentiate the tables. I am able to differentiate the table in the fetch script. But the problem is again the same. I am getting blank rows.
As I am new to BIRT, please help me to have a clear idea in this. I have the following queries in my mind.
- Is fetch script is the only place to write the code for fetching data??
- Can we use onRender event of a particular table to fetch data ??
- If I write data in onRender event, do I need to call the methods in fetch???
I am not able to find a sample with code in onRender event on net. So any solution on the above will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi kristam,
Can you recreate your issue and post it in here using a scripted dataSource that I can run? I'm not sure if I'm quite understanding your issue.
Note: I'm moving this post to the designing BIRT reports forum.