Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Migrating Actuate7 reports to Actuate9 and how this translates to BIRT
OzoneBIRT
Hi
In my company we have a bunch of Actuate 7 reports which have to be upgraded
to Actuate 9, Is this even possible? or the only solution is migrating by hand?
Also I don't know the exact relationship between Actuate 7/9 and BIRT, Actuate 7 used
to have .rox files but Actuate 9 / BIRT both use .rptdesign files as far as I know. Was
there something similar to .rox in BIRT some time ago? If there isn't much difference
in the inner workings of Actuate and BIRT I could just search for BIRT documentation
concerning this, and since it's open source there is way more than for Actuate.
Also I had the idea of doing some kind of tool to automate this conversion because there are many many reports to upgrade. Perhaps this could be done if there is good documentation about the two formats and if they don't differ too much, I don't really know if this is crazy or not.
thanks in advace ^_^
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sschafer2
It's been a while but I do remember you can run erdpro from the command line
and have it build a rox. It has to be done in windows and actually launches
the erdpro window each time so it will tie up a windows box until it's done.
See
http://businessintelligence.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/actuate-l/compile-all-reports-in-a-batch-file-561779
.