Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with Nested Tables and Data Set Parameters
jgdrennan
I have created a report that contains a nested table structure. The outer table is based on a joint data set between two XML data sets. The inner table is based on a joint data set between a scripted data set and another XML data set. The scripted data set has some parameters which then become accessible through the joint data set.
I set up the tables in a report, and link the inner table to the outer table through the data set parameters, and everything works fine. I would like to use this table in a number of places, so I export the data sources, the data sets and the nested table to a library. However, when I import this into a different report, it no longer works. The outer table has the correct data, but the inner table behaves as if the linking between the two has disappeared. The data in the inner table is based on the default values for the data set parameters, not the values in the outer table. I have confirmed this by changing the default parameter values and seeing the inner table data change accordingly.
So am I missing something? It works in the original report where it was created. I have imported all the dependencies into the new report from the library. Only the linking seems to fail. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi jgdrennan,
I have not seen this issue before. Is there any way you can recreate the issue with the sample database or some dummy, sample files so I can see what you're seeing? If you remove the link that you have between the inner and outer table and then redo it, does it work in the new report? Also, what is your BIRT version?