Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scripted Column
kik007
Hi all,
i have a Dataset with two columns.
example:
A | B | C
1 | AA
1 | AB
2 | BA
3 | BB
Column B has have a relation to column A. The third column should be find the relation and place every Colum B Value to an additional scripted Column which shows the entries of B comma separated.
Example:
A | B | C
1 | AA | AA,AB
1 | AB | AA,AB or AB,AA
2 | BA | BA
3 | BB | BB
does someone have the idea how to get it working?
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi kik007,
What is your BIRT version? I'll try something out and post it if it works.
johnw
We have a StringAggregation component that does this. It is an extension to BIRT and not a script, but it would work. I can see if I can dig it out if you need.<br />
<br />
Alternatively, you can use a scripted data source, throw the values into a 3 element List, with the 3rd element containing the concatenation of the values.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65741" data-time="1276891895" data-date="18 June 2010 - 01:11 PM"><p>
Hi kik007,<br />
<br />
What is your BIRT version? I'll try something out and post it if it works.<br /></p></blockquote>
kik007
Hi,
thanks for your answers...
my BIRT-Version is 2.5.0
johnw
Give the following plugin a try.
Copy the JAR file over to your Eclipse/Plugins folder, then run BIRT. Add an Aggregation to your report, and choose the "string aggregator" as the type.
John
johnw
Can you send me your email. I can't attach the jar file to a message.
kik007
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="65751" data-time="1277062634" data-date="20 June 2010 - 12:37 PM"><p>
We have a StringAggregation component that does this. It is an extension to BIRT and not a script, but it would work. I can see if I can dig it out if you need.<br />
<br />
Alternatively, you can use a scripted data source, throw the values into a 3 element List, with the 3rd element containing the concatenation of the values.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thank you for the Tip. I got it running by using a list. I place the column (as Aggreation) in the header of the list and use the concatenation function and the "," as separator. Works perfect.