Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Report too slow
jjkky
Hi All,
Another newbie with BIRT. I am running BIRT 2.3.1 within an Eclipse platform 3.4.1. I created a report that prompts for about 10 parameters. It seems the more parameters I add the slower the report runs. Right now when I run the sql query in preview mode, the query takes about 5 seconds to run but when I run the report using the query it takes roughly 30 - 40 minutes. I was hoping there was some way I can speed this up but have no idea where to begin. Any and all ideas that may help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Jim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi jjkky,
Are all of your parameters dynamic parameters? Or several of them? Also, how complex is your report and how much data is accessed in a given report? The dataSet preview will only query with the default values and only fetches a "sample" of the data. If there are many dynamic parameters and lots of data returned, there may be several accesses of the database that slow the report down.
Some tips on creating more efficient reports can be found in the following webinar:
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/news-events/resources/?articleid=17458