Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar Char with Null Date
kpelzer29
I have a bar chart that displays dates from a dataset on the x-axis. If the date is null, the date "December 28, 1969" is automatically displayed as the first date on the x-axis. How can I display "null" on the x-axis of the chart when a date is null instead of displaying "December 28th, 1969"?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kpelzer29
I have a bar chart that displays dates from a dataset on the x-axis. If the date is null, the date "December 28, 1969" is automatically displayed as the first date on the x-axis. How can I display "null" on the x-axis of the chart when a date is null instead of displaying "December 28th, 1969"?
mwilliams
Hi kpelzer29,
What version of BIRT are you using?
Note: I merged your two like posts into one.
kpelzer29
Thank you for merging the two posts. I noticed the topic was getting cut off when I sent the first post. I could not find a way to edit the topic so I tried again and it still happened. <br />
<br />
I am using BIRT version 3.5.2.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65831" data-time="1277233564" data-date="22 June 2010 - 12:06 PM"><p>
Hi kpelzer29,<br />
<br />
What version of BIRT are you using?<br />
<br />
Note: I merged your two like posts into one.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
kpelzer29,
It looks like it puts the 1969 date when you group the null values. I'm assuming this will be the first item in your chart each time, unless you're charting data over a large period of time. If so, you should be able to easily replace the first label in the x-axis. If it's not the first date, you can still replace the label, it'll just take knowing what the date is to replace. Another option could be to remove all null dates and provide a sum of values with null dates outside the chart. Let me know if you have questions.
You could also file a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
and see what they say.
kpelzer29
Thank you for all your help!<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65838" data-time="1277245265" data-date="22 June 2010 - 03:21 PM"><p>
kpelzer29,<br />
<br />
It looks like it puts the 1969 date when you group the null values. I'm assuming this will be the first item in your chart each time, unless you're charting data over a large period of time. If so, you should be able to easily replace the first label in the x-axis. If it's not the first date, you can still replace the label, it'll just take knowing what the date is to replace. Another option could be to remove all null dates and provide a sum of values with null dates outside the chart. Let me know if you have questions.<br />
<br />
You could also file a bug for this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/</a>
; and see what they say.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!