Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding custom user actions to Birt HTML report
memaverick
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to BIRT. I am working on a report which has 4 columns of data retrieved from an Oracle DB. I use the rptdesign and render the output as html on a JSF page.
What I want to do is to add a fifth column in the report which would have a link/action button, for each row and would allow the user to take action for each of the report element.
For instance, the link/action button, can be "View Details", "Share" and "Delete" for each of the returned row, on clicking which the action is taken, with reference to the row.
I search through many forums for "adding custom user actions to a BIRT report" but couldn't find any solutions.
Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
memaverick
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to BIRT. I am working on a report which has 4 columns of data retrieved from an Oracle DB. I use the rptdesign and render the output as html on a JSF page.
What I want to do is to add a fifth column in the report which would have a link/action button, for each row and would allow the user to take action for each of the report element.
For instance, the link/action button, can be "View Details", "Share" and "Delete" for each of the returned row, on clicking which the action is taken, with reference to the row.
I search through many forums for "adding custom user actions to a BIRT report" but couldn't find any solutions.
Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
mwilliams
Hi memaverick,
You can add a hyperlink to an element within a row that drills down to a detail report. When you say "share" and "delete" what do you mean? Is share emailing someone? Is delete deleting from the report or from the database completely?
mwilliams
Also, I merged your duplicate posts into one.
memaverick
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="65934" data-time="1277508073" data-date="25 June 2010 - 04:21 PM"><p>
Hi memaverick,<br />
<br />
You can add a hyperlink to an element within a row that drills down to a detail report. When you say "share" and "delete" what do you mean? Is share emailing someone? Is delete deleting from the report or from the database completely?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi MWilliams,<br />
<br />
Sorry for not including the details in my earlier post.<br />
<br />
Share means initiating an email to other user and delete does mean deleting it from DB.<br />
<br />
Specifically, what I am looking for is how to add links to report rows so that I can assign custom actions to them.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your response.