Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
No JDBC Data Source
Merrill
Hi folks, I just brand new to BIRT, so please be patient with my dumb question. I have just downloaded and installed eclipse with Birt. I'm able to start up eclipse and select the Report Design with no problems. However, when I right click on Data Sources and then select New Data Source, I get the list of sources, which are:
Flat File Data Source
Scripted Data Source
Web Services Data Source
XML Data Source
Missing is an option for JDBC Data Source. I have indeed downloaded in installed the mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar. I'm developing in WinXP Pro. Does anyone have an idea why and how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Merrill,
There is no Classic Models Inc Sample database either? Where did you download from? Could you try downloading again?
Merrill
Well, I re-downloaded and this time I've got eclipse-reporting-helios-win32.zip, which I guess is the latest version. I completely removed the previously installed eclipse/birt and installed this helios version. Now, I get the JDBC Data Source, along with another.
Thanks for your help.
Merrill
mwilliams
Merrill,
Sometimes a given mirror gets a bad copy of the download. Looks like it's sorted out now! Good luck! Let us know whenever you have questions!