Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Change location of BIRT config files?
remo
Hi
I use BIRT 2.5.2 in a stand-alone Swing application.
My question is whether I can customize the location where BIRT stores its configuration. I face the problem that end users usually don't have write permission in the ReportEngine/configuration folder of the installed application.
I see two options:
- the location of the configuration can be changed
- the whole BIRT_HOME must be moved to a location where users have write access
Thanks for you advice,
Remo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Remo,
Try using the osgi.configuration.area osgi setting.
Something like this:
config = new EngineConfig( );
config.setBIRTHome("C:\\birt\\birt-runtime-2_5_1\\birt-runtime-2_5_1\\ReportEngine");
HashMap hm = new HashMap();
hm.put("osgi.configuration.area","c:/dwn/osgiconfig");
config.setOSGiConfig(hm);
config.setLogConfig(null, Level.OFF);
Platform.startup( config );
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform
.createFactoryObject( IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY );
engine = factory.createReportEngine( config );
Jason
remo
Thanks, Jason!
CBR
hi Jason,
do you know if there is any documentation around of key values that are considered to be inside the OSGI Config-HashMap?
Thanks
JasonW
Comments from the source:
/**
* set the configuration used by the OSGi framework. The configuration
* includes all valid osgi configs except some reserved as follow:
* <li>1. osgi.install.area, using the one defined by BIRT_HOME.</li>
* <li>2. eclipse.ignoreApp, be true.</li>
* <li>3. osgi.noShutDown, be true.</li>
* <li>4. osgi.framework, using the one defined by BIRT_HOME</li>
* <li>5. osgi.framework.useSystemProperties, be false.</li>
*
*
@param
osgiConfigMap
*/
Link to osgi config options.
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html
Jason
CBR
Thanks a lot Jason!